Drs. Judith Marianne Aartsma
Ayurveda, Philosophy, Anatomy Instructor
My name is Judith Aartsma Başaran. I was born and raised in The Netherlands. I ́m a healer and integrative medicine specialist, with a focus on Ayurveda.
Ever since I can remember it was my great wish to be a doctor. This first led me to medical school at Maastricht University, The Netherlands, where I graduated as a medical doctor in 2001.
Respecting the great and detailed knowledge of the allopathic medical system, already during my studies at medical school I developed the wish to learn a more holistic and natural approach to people and their health. I started to explore other systems of healing, especially the Eastern systems of Ayurveda (the ancient healing system of India) and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
I met with my great and beloved teacher, naturopath, T ́ai chi master and Ayurveda practitioner Franklin D. Lafour and studied Ayurveda with him for 3 years while still in medical school, graduating also in 2001. Ever since then I am guided by and learning from him.
As a traveler on the roads of Eastern medicine one is a student always. I have met many wonderful teachings and teachers on my way, amongst whom the world-renowned vaidya (Ayurvedic physician) Dr. Vasant Lad, at whose beautiful Ayurvedic Institute in the USA I was fortunate to study fulltime for a year. Also, my training in T ́ai chi chuan and Chi gong with teachers around the world and my studies of Traditional Chinese Medicine at the OTCG in Antwerp, Belgium have had a great contribution on my work today.
I have work experience as an allopathic physician in occupational health and community health for children in The Netherlands. I also have a practice for Ayurveda/integrative medicine in The Netherlands. I am closely connected to Turkey and spend quite a lot of time here, trying to raise awareness and knowledge regarding the ancient holistic healing systems.
2008-2009 ASP-1 (Ayurvedic Studies Program), The Ayurvedic Institute, Albuquerque, NM, USA. Full-time Ayurveda study program with world renowned Dr. Vasant Lad. Certified in June 2009
2006-2007 Traditional Chinese Medicine, Postgraduate Acupuncture level 1, OTCG, Antwerpen, Belgium. Completed in June 2007
1998-2001 Ayurveda, Ayurveda Course Foundation, Academy of Natural Medicine, Hilversum, the Netherlands. Certificate Ayurveda therapist acquired in November 2001
1994-2001 Faculty of Medicine, Maastricht University, the Netherlands Diploma Medical Doctor acquired in August 2001
1988-1994 Johan de Witt-gymnasium, grammar school, Dordrecht, the Netherlands
* Ayurveda practice in Leiden, the Netherlands
• Integrative medical practice, East-West medicine, with a focus on Ayurveda
* Ayurveda practitioner in several yoga and lifestyle centres in Istanbul and Ankara, Turkey
• Function as described above, minus the allopathic elements
• Special focus on giving workshops as a means to raise awareness about Ayurveda, natural lifestyle and conscious living
* Medical doctor, youth health care, Department of Public Health (G.G.D.) of different municipalities in the Netherlands
* Ayurveda practice in Dordrecht and Leiden, the Netherlands
* Ayurveda practitioner in several yoga and lifestyle centres in Istanbul, Turkey
• Function as described above
* Volunteer work in Istanbul, Turkey, as a health advisor for mothers and
children who are staying in Istanbul as refugees
Medical doctor, youth health care, Department of Public Health (G.G.D) of the municipality of Den Haag, The Netherlands
Medical doctor, occupational health, KLM Arbo Services, Schiphol Airport, the Netherlands
* Continuous certified education in the field of Public Health and Ayurveda
*Since March 2011 connected as a guest speaker at Coming Into Your Own (CIYO) – a personal leadership program for women – a worldwide program directed to the personal development of women. There is a prospect of a permanent position as a trainer at CIYO programs in Turkey and The Netherlands
*Presenting the Ayurvedic part of different international yoga teacher trainings
* Interest in and practice of yoga, t’ai chi chuan and chi gong. Trained by different teachers in the Netherlands, Turkey and USA
* Language skills: Dutch (native language), English (fluent), German (intermediate), Turkish (intermediate), French (basic)
Tel.: (+90) 505-3038322